"There shall be a Technical Committee with a maximum of four members to:
- Study the International Optimist Dinghy Class Rules, plans and measurement form.
- Examine any proposal from a member for amendments or interpretations.
- Maintain close liaison with ISAF and request interpretations from ISAF as considered advisable. The Chairman shall ensure that rulings and interpretations made by ISAF are promptly forwarded to the Secretariat.
- Make recommendations to the Annual General Meeting.
- Prescribe procedures for measurement during the Optimist World Championship, and act as the authority on any issue as to the interpretation or application of the Class Rules.
Members of the Technical Committee shall be elected at an Annual General Meeting" (article 8 of the Articles of Association) The requisites for the nominations and the unofficial guidelines for candidates can be found in the IODA Admin Handbook.
The current members of the Technical Committee are:
Chairman: JURGEN CLUYTMANS IM (BEL)
DIEGO FREIRIA IM (URU)
OLIVE PARKER (IRL
CLAUDIO ZON (ARG)
Prototype Measurer: CONXA ONTIVEROS IM (ESP)