Annual General Meeting
According to article 13 of the Articles of Association:
- The Annual General Meeting is the highest authority of IODA.
- The Annual General Meeting is formed by the official representatives of Members present or the appointed substitutes.
- The Annual General Meeting is to be held each year in connection with the Optimist World Championship.
Programme and Agenda
The meeting consists of one or more sessions, the schedule of which is published by the Secretariat. During the World championship, the Executive Committee also organise meetings of the representatives of the different continents as well as hold a Town Hall Meeting. These meetings are included in the championship programme.
The Agenda for the meeting is circulated by the Secretariat to all member countries 60 days prior to the date of the AGM.
The content of the agenda varies from year to year but they generally include:
- Introduction from the President
- Reports from the President & Vice Presidents
- Technical and Regatta Committee's reports
- Report on financial status and budget
- Proposals from the Executive Committee
- Proposals to amend Class Rules
- Proposals from Members
- Confirmation of venues for next year's Worlds and Continentals
- Selection of venues for two years after the year of the AGM
- Election of members of the Technical, Regatta and Executive Committees
The DEADLINE to submit MEMBER PROPOSALS TO AMEND THE ARTICLES & CHAMPIONSHIP CONDITIONS & CLASS RULE CHANGES as per Articles 16 & 17 is SATURDAY, MARCH 25th.
The 2023 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING will take place in CLUB VELA BALLENA ALEGRE, COSTA BRAVA, SPAIN on THURSDAY, JUNE 22ND.