The functions of the Regatta Committee are:
- Implement the Conditions for Optimist World, Continental and specific continental championships in co-operation with the host club/member each year.
- Study the Conditions and recommend amendments necessary or desirable, to promote the goals of IODA.
- Examine proposals from members for amendments or interpretations of the Conditions and make recommendations.
- Write and approve Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions for all IODA events.
- At IODA events, at least one member of Regatta Committee will attend and help the local race committee team to achieve IODA race management standards.
Members of the Regatta Committee shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting. The current members are:
- Chairman: ANDRES PEREZ IU, IJ (ESP)
- Miguel Amaral IRO, NJ (POR)
- Ilker Bayindir IJ IRO (TUR)
- Elena Papazoglou IRO (CYP)
The Regatta Committee is supported by the IODA Regatta Secretary, Susan Elliot Beatty.
Questions about IODA Events or the IODA Regatta Committee should be directed to email@example.com