How to bid for an IODA Event
The deadline to receive bids for 2022 IODA events is August 18th.
The following are the steps to follow in order to bid for an IODA Continental or World Championship.
- Download the relevant documentation from the links below.
- Read the relevant IODA Conditions, the Regatta Manual, the Measurement Manual and the Bid Form application itself and contact the IODA Regatta Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any doubt or questions about their contents. These documents are the 'contract' with IODA with regards to the organisation of the event.
- The IODA Handbook contains the Conditions for the Optimist World Championship, the Conditions for the IODA Continental Championships and the specific Conditions for the relevant Continental Championship (the last two are complimentary). The conditions are the rules governing the IODA events and apply for organisers and participants as well.
- The IODA Regatta Manual contains mandatory requirements regarding the preparation and the organisation of IODA events.
- Complete the Bid Form in full and return before the deadline indicated above.
- Once the application has been received, it will be reviewed by the Executive Committee and the Regatta Committee. You will be contacted if there are any questions.
- Presentation before the AGM: Bidders have the opportunity to present their bid before the AGM to the Members. The presentation will be maximum 40 minutes and contain specific information about the bid. The person presenting should have authority to speak about the bid with sound knowledge of the proposal. Following the presentation, there will be a short question period for the Members to ask questions.
If you are interested in hosting an IODA event please contact the IODA Secretariat at email@example.com