IODA Introduces Microsites for 2017 IODA Events
IODA is excited to announce that individual Microsites for all of the IODA championship events in 2017 are being introduced. The Microsites will provide a consistently branded platform for all of our members and sailors. The Organizers of the events will no longer be required to produce their own website, which will save both time and money, and this will permit them to focus on the essentials of planning rather than on the complexities of registration and web hosting.
The new IODA Championship Microsites will include the following features:
1. A comprehensive Online Entry System that will be the same or similar across all of our events. This will help both IODA and the Organizers to better manage the entire registration process more efficiently and in addition, will make it easier for our Members to register their teams for IODA events.
2. A digital Notice Board will be provided. This will be the place to access Race Management Documents, Jury Notices, Sailing Instructions, and the NoR before and during the event.
3. Race Results will be consistently displayed and updated in real time.
4. Integrated Tracking will make it easier for people to watch the racing live. Mark roundings will be an added feature through the Tracking platform.
5. Entry Lists and Team lists will be readily available as a result of the Online Entry System.
6. An integrated Social Media platform that aggregates different social media channels in one location
7. Secure access to the Microsite backnet will be provided in the form of a ‘password’ to permit the Event Organizers to post information about the event, such as: logistics, accommodation, charter boats, weather, sailing conditions, food, and things to do and see in the area. In addition, the Organizers can efficiently file news stories, videos and photos in the months before the event and during the event. Sponsors can be well represented on the homepage and levels of support highlighted if desired.
The Microsite for the 2017 South American Championships will go ‘live’ on Monday December 5th. It will initially include the Notice of Race and essential information concerning the event. The Online Entry System will be active on December 19th for members to start registering their sailors in time for the December 23rd First Entry deadline.
Look for the SAMS Microsite on Monday December 5th at the following URL: http://2017southamericans.optiworld.org.
The Microsite for the 2017 Optimist World Championship in Thailand will go ‘live’ the week of December 12th.
The URL for the 2017 Optimist World Championship is http://2017worlds.optiworld.org